Wednesday 2 May 2012

East Coast Vacation part 3: Sokcho and Seoraksan

part one - part two - part three


SOKCHO:
Love Motel
We didn't stay in this motel in Sokcho. It's just a little taste of the classy architecture that Korea's booming motel industry has to offer. Barf!

We were right by the sea so we headed down to a rowdy pojang macha for some seafood. We ordered a big plate of shells and prawns.
Pojang Macha Pojang Macha Shrimp
Neon Prawns
worried!
Face of despair on the Samsung rice cooker. Never buy Samsung, even their appliances are unhappy.
Fire Escape
What's that stylish fire escape bag? This shot is for my friends back in the UK. Take a look at the photo below...
Fire Escape
That's right, the fire escape is IN the bag. You can climb down the side of the building with a rope. Oh Korea, you do try. I'd like to see a Granny trying to abseil down the side of a hotel from the 6th floor with nothing but a rope. Actually, sod that, I'd like to see anyone attempt that! Come on Korea, give us a chance at living!
Beach House
Beach House (Konglish)

SEORAKSAN:


Finally I made it back to Seoraksan after 3 years. I really wanted to hike the whole mountain this time round, but the tumble that I took in Gyeongju left my right knee really bruised. Once again I would have to take the bloody cable car. Well, at the the flowers were blooming and there was some visibility! On my previous visit the clouds were so thick that you couldn't see a thing.
Blossoms Blossoms Blossoms Seoraksan Seoraksan Seoraksan chipmunk
This chipmunk knew what it was doing - working for food. He was working the poses in return for snacks.
penis tree
Up on the mountain somebody carved a penis onto a tree branch, keeping the penis theme of this holiday alive. I spotted this on my last visit and it hasn't disappeared!
Seoraksan Seoraksan Seoraksan Seoraksan Seoraksan Monk Birdy thing Seoraksan Buddha fushing
I love this hat. It's pure redneck trash and it has a strange spelling error. At first glance it looks fine, but actually it says "fushing". Who ever designed this must have made the effort to place a dot over the "u". What a buy! The peak is so huge on this cap it almost rivals an ajumma visor.
Love Motel
That's all for my east coast vacation. I'll leave you with this daytime shot of Sokcho's finest architecture.

part one - part two - part three

No comments:

Post a Comment