Wednesday 14 December 2011

Kuala Lumpur Bird Park

We decided to head to KL Bird Park on our first full day in Malaysia. Entrance was around 48RM. It was really impressive - a huge jungle like park with a giant canopy over the top. Most of the birds just fly around freely, although some of them obviously have to be kept in their own enclosures. If you ever go (which you should),  try the madras fish curry in the restaurant.  Cheap and delicious!
KL04

KL05

KL06

KL07
This peacock was giving the other bird a right display.

KL08

KL09

KL10

KL11

KL12

KL14
I stand like this when I'm reading magazines in WH Smiths.

KL13

KL15
Jenny made some fearsome friends.

KL16
I hope my eyebrows look that good when I'm older. He looks a bit like Norman Lamont.

KL17
These monkeys kept stealing all the food from one of the bird cages. They're aggressive little buggers, but it's fascinating watching them darting around along those thin wires.

KL18

KL19

KL20
Cassowary. Apparently the most dangerous bird in the world. Check out it's claws. When I saw this fella I started to wonder if I was actually strolling around Jurassic Park.

KL21

KL22
I love the way these flamingos take a nap. I wish I could just bend my neck and rest my head on my back.

KL Train Station
Kuala Lumpur train station.

No comments:

Post a Comment