Thursday 12 January 2012

Donhou Expedition Frame (The Finished Product)

Here are some photos of my new expedition bike frame. It was built over in Norwich, UK by Tom Donhou of Donhou Bicycles. It's a steel TIG welded frame which has been built with big tours in mind, so it's ready for some front and rear panniers to be attached. There are also mounts for three bottle cages. What can I say? I sweat a lot. Plus I can store fuel bottles for cooking.

Donhou_1

Donhou_2

Donhou_3
It has a large chain stay plate to mount this Pletscher twin kick stand. It's a complete nightmare standing up a fully loaded touring bike, they're always tipping over, so my friend Harry (bicycle nerd extraordinaire) recommended this twin kick stand.

Donhou_4

Donhou_5

I can't thank Tom enough, he's done a fantastic job. Now I need to get this beauty shipped over to Korea ASAP and start thinking about what parts I want to purchase to complete this set up. Project ON! Any suggestions would be welcome.

I can't wait to razz around the countryside on this.

2 comments: