Tuesday 20 March 2012

Yeongsan River Cycle Path

I had a split shift today so I cycled down the Yeongsan River path to the Sungchon Weir. It's not really a beauty spot, but it's a nice easy ride. They are developing the park all along the river, so unfortunately it's a bit of a building site in places.  I rode for 21km before turning back to Gwangju. It is possible to continue along the river path all the way to Mokpo. We met a couple of Korean cyclists who did this the other day. I plan on doing this in the next couple of weeks, but I worry that cycling along a bike path for 110km might get a little bit tedious.

Sungchon Weir

Yeongsan River Cycle Path
When spring really kicks in hopefully the river will burst into life. Not much going on there today,

Yeongsan Cycle Path Map

Yeongsan Cycle Path Map

Sungchon Weir
This is the Sungchon Weir. Nothing special. Time to turn around.

IMG_4467
I actually prefer the road next to the river. It's quiet, smoother than the cycle path and it has better views because you can see in all directions.

Sungchon Weir
Here you can see how far it is to Mokpo in comparison to the 21 km I cycled today. The river is quite windy so it adds quite a few extra kilometres. I want to do this one Saturday soon so I can eat some fried (or maybe live) Octopus and drink some makkoli when I get there. I have a fondness for Mokpo seafood. My guts, not so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment